If you need more information you can:
- read the documentation online.
German users can buy the German translation of the FPC guides e.g. from Amazon.
- read the General FAQ.
- read the Building FAQ (PDF).
- read the news.
- join one or more mailing lists.
- have a chat with the FPC developers on IRC channel #fpc on server irc.libera.chat.
- search the FPC Wiki.
- or contact us via email:
- if you have general pascal questions, please post them to one of the following newsgroups:
- A guide how to make code written in C or C++ accessible in Pascal. Thanks to Gilles Marcou!
- Our manuals are written for people who already know how to program in Pascal. If you are looking for information how you can learn Pascal, Tao Yue's Learn Pascal Tutorial is a good choice. There is also a list of books available in the wiki. The windows unit is not documented in Free Pascal. The reason for this is that this is a HUGE unit, which would describe the complete win32 API, and that is not the purpose of this documentation.
General and DOS: Florian Klaempfl
Linux: Michael Van Canneyt
680x0 / BeOS versions: Carl Eric Codere
OS/2 / eComStation and EMX: hajny@SPAM.freepascal.ME.org.NOT (Tomas Hajny)
FreeBSD: Marco van de Voort
Mac OS X / Darwin: jonas@SPAM.freepascal.ME.org.NOT
Mac OS classic: firstname.lastname@example.org
The complete and up-to-date documentation of the Windows API is also on-line available on Microsofts website.